Viva GT: Weekend updates
Well I got the gearstick cover plate back off and painted it, its now refitted to the car all shiny and ready to be hidden away under carpets and a centre consul.
I picked up a universal gearstick gaiter, and its almost perfect for the stick, and fits on the tunnel well.
Here it is in position on the tunnel
Next was the speedo cable, (off a Lotus Elite I think), its routed around the gearbox and clipped with some cable ties for now (will do something more professional another time), then fed into one of the holes in the firewall and internally routed to the speedo head. The grommet was one I had laying around, I will change that for a cleaner / neater hole cut one when I get some.
Whist looking at items to go through the firewall, I also drilled a hole for the hose from the windscreen washer tank, luckily I had just the right sized grommet for that hole. The hose has been routed from the back of the car, albeit clips required along its route to secure it in place. I also have to work out its route from here to the washer jet on the bonnet itself.
I have also started on the brake and clutch remote filler pot bracket, once its painted and dry I will be mounting that today as well under the bonnet, leaving me the lines to route and shorten from their original lengths to the new required length.