Viva GT weekend update.
So another weekend has come to an end and again good progress has been made. For once I am upbeat and feel everything is going to plan, I just need to work at it one job at a time. Park all the known jobs for the future and just tackle them one by one.
So today I was unable to finish off the timing belt as I am still awaiting the bolt for the tensioner. Once I have those I think everything should slot into place nice and easily. I have made some progress today in both Torquing the cam pulleys (after first missing the sealant on the bolts) so off and back on again they came and went. I also added and torqued up the auxiliary pulley. As I am not using a dizzy any more the timing of this pulley is no longer as issue. The bottom pulley has been changed for the new one, but the front V pulley has only been positioned as the belt will need to be put on before it’s tightened down to the correct settings.
The bottom pulley as said above is not fully bolted up as one needs to add the new tensioner and make sure the Crank position sensor is all aligned as it needs to be. I have a number of spacers and brackets to get in the right order, as can be seen in the images below I think I have the order worked out, just the alternator adjuster bracket to consider. I will do that after I have the tensioner in place.
The last image is from low down on the block looking at the lineup for the sensor, which looks good, the only very slight issue could be the timing marker bracket overlaps a touch, so I know a small bit of fettling is required for optimal fitting.