Viva GT Throttle linkage
The correct throttle cable bracket arrived today, so this evening I have assembled the linkage kit onto the throttle bodies, lots of small bits and bobs, so easy to drop one or two. I am so glad I removed the manifold, I imagine if this were on the car, many items will of been dropped down holes they shouldn’t of been dropped down.
A demo of the linkage in action (by hand not cable yet)
Yesterday evening I took the plunge to cut the fuel rail tube, this is the one that goes between the two castings. A load of measuring followed by checking those measurements many times over, then a Google search, some youtube videos later and the pipe cutter was finally out in anger.
The next job on this tube is to chamfer and deburr the ends before I attempt to fit it into the ends of the castings, else I could damage the O ring inside the castings. I will have to get some assistance with that from a friendly workshop (as always doing stuff at home doesn’t always equate to having all the needed tools to hand).
Once thats all together I can unpack the injectors, seat those and then fit the assembled fuel rail.
Next is to find some correct sized screws to hold the throttle sensor in place and fit that.
Lastly check everything fully, making sure all the bits and bobs are tightened accordingly then its ready to refit to the car.