Viva GT oil catch tank & hydraulic lines
More jobs done, the big job was to drop the car off the stands and turn it around. A two man job and Scott was volunteered to push and guide the GT, several turns in the carpark outside the garage and a helpful push it back in nose first. I can now access the passenger side of the car, which means I can now attack the wiring bits and bobs that are sat on the passenger footwell.
I made an oil catch tank mule (out of cardboard) to do some test positional fittings ensuring that before I order a tank it will sit in position neatly.
I made a size error when making the CAD tank, only after a deeper read of the advert did I realise the total height given, was including the cap, I have used that measurement for the total tank height. Never mind as it gives me assurance that if the CAD tank fits then so will the actual tank when it arrives.
The location for the oil catch tank is going to be on the inner wing. It’s the mirror opposite of the EDIS unit, and I will use the same style fittings, so it symmetrically balances the engine bay.
In the above image one can also make out the three lines coming out the bulkhead vertically and running around to the fill pots, it’s just wrong. So I have ordered a load of bulkhead fittings and various adapters. What I will do its make a small plate to fit into the old fuse box location with three 90 degree fittings (on either side) so the lines will run from the master cylinders high above the throttle cable and info the fittings. Secondly the three lines will run out of the fittings inside the engine bay area and neatly around to the fill pots. I cannot do this yet as the parts are in the post, but also having swapped the car around in the garage to tackle the loom, it will have to wait.
Its going to be a busy week for the post office air filters, brake line fittings and oil catch tank, I suspect I will be spending quality time stood waiting outside the parcel office most evenings.