Viva GT Fuel injection final fit
This morning I shot down the road to “Jim’s” machine shop and got some help chamfering the cut fuel tube, then push fitted the tube into the fuel rails as instructed in the instructions. Yes I even read the instructions. From here it was push the injectors into place and fit this fuel rail to the throttle bodies.
Once that was in place I did a trial fit of the air-box and the trumpets, to find some modification to the trumpet of air box will be required on number 4 before I can fit it correctly, there are also a number of breather hose holes that will require blocking off. So I decided to fit the trumpets to the throttle bodies directly in that way I don’t loose them, and secondly without the air-box in the way of everything I can still get access to work on that side of the engine.
So now the majority of the work is done, its time to fit it back onto the engine. The last part to fit is the throttle position sensor, but I need to find out what size screws they are first. Moving all the tools and bits back the garage and some bolting things down and an hour later we are here. Injectors and water sensor plugged in, water hose reconnected, inlet manifold bolted back down.
So other than the two screws for the throttle position sensor and routing some wires the injection units are now in place. Next up is the new fuel regulator and the removal of the old glass unit one can see on the bulkhead in earlier images. Thats then means I can get some lines made up for the regulator to fuel rail, and one more job ticked off.