I seem to of made a bit of a mistake on the tie-rods on the GT, my own fault for being to quick to throw things away, never mind, spilt milk and all that. The tie-rods on the GT were the smaller type unlike the later magnum ones. Good for me I found a pair of Magnum one’s a few months back and had them posted over to me. Some how or other I ended up throwing away one set of the nuts as scrap knowing I had the right ones in the shed. Alas today I found out I had thrown the correct nuts away and kept the old smaller ones!! CHOD. Never mind I have started to put the feelers out to see if anyone has a set I can obtain.
In better news I have been back to Martin Robey’s and got the bush kit for the tie rods, and before anyone says I am aware it will mean some mods will be required tot eh subframe in order to make them fit. But this done mean I now have all the bushes required to rebuild the subframe now, its just the nuts and bolts to get plated and replaced with new as needed. That’s my next job.
Below is the new bush kit and the lonely looking tie bar without its nuts.
Quick update, having found the thread was 3/4″ I have ordered off eBay some Nylock nuts so panic is over now. I should have all the nuts I need to finish the Tie-rods