Okay so I spent this morning in the shed, even though its been a lovely morning, I got the 2300 block prepped up and painted, I have chosen satin black as that’s what they were, I didn’t go crazy and use some weird colour. I check the bores and pistons over and did a trial fit (god they are hard to fit) of the pistons, all is well.
I also got the bottom end on one 1159cc engine finished, sump painted and fitted, so now it can sit the right way up! I double checked and triple checked the bearings and torque settings, as I don’t want to have to take it back again. I have placed the head on the block, ready to fit.