Phew its been a long day, lots done, but some of the jobs just took hours when they should of taken minutes.
The heater unit and heater box is now fitted. The wiring just need to be reconnected, I shall find a bit of time tomorrow to wire those back in.
The prop shaft is now in and under the car, it just needs bolting up to the rear flange. In order to fit it I had to drop the rear cross-member off as that gets in the way, after I got it back in and the cross-member back on the car all bolted up I realised the reverse light switch was missing, so I had the remove it all again in order to fit the switch(two steps forward one backwards).
The entire throttle linkage has been removed from the car as its never going to work with the twin carburettor set-up. The air filters are very close to the bulkhead and would get in the way of the linkage. Irrespective of the linkage being modified to fit around the air filters they just don’t route towards the throttle linkage in a way I would like, so its going to need to be converted to a HC set-up (not an issue). I also need to decide how to bolt the manifold down to the block. There are three bolts the middle bolt is easy but the castings on the outer edges are just so long that I don’t have anything that long in my boxes of bolts. The holes are maybe 1/2″ inch longer that a Stromberg set-up. I am toying with the idea of cutting the manifold down a bit, buts that do or die.
I also refitted the rear rubber around the boot, thanks to a mate dropping off some double sided sticky sponge tape, which was easily fitted and its done the trick perfectly.
I have also dropped off the gearbox cross-member and re sorted all those nuts and bolts out where I needed to and bolted all that back onto the car.
Finally on my list of jobs done today I fitted the clutch cable just the spring to clean and refit.
Beer and pizza time now….