Reading festival of Rust (the comeback tour)
I spent this weekend in Reading helping to fix another friends Viva. By late this afternoon we had replaced the rear brakes, the front floor on the drivers side and patched the passenger side as required, the drivers sill was being started when I made an exit around 2pm.
Here is Maz doing his Freddie Flintstone impression
I was aware the engine might need a rebuild, but I think we found out the issue with the smoke in about 20 minutes, it was using 10 : 40 not 20 : 50, a quick compression test or two and we had good pressures. we flushed the oil and put in some new 20 : 50 and the engine sounded a lot better. Maz did the tappets and after a quick run and re adjustment sounded not so bad for an engine sat for 7 years.
Playing tappet time, note the fuel supply!