Well this morning was the first time I have had the light and or time to look at him, since he has been back form the welders. Today I have changed the plugs and put in new GM plugs setting the gaps carefully, I have also added new HT leads all around. I also gave the car a nice oil flush and some new shiny 20w 50w oil.
Here is the welded in new inner wing panel, once I have painted it with some green it will look fine.
I am still debating the outer wings, should I or shouldn’t I not replace them, I am sure that argument will rage on in me for a few months yet.
Anyway back to today, I drove RAY up and down the drive a full 3 foot in each direction, that implies the clutch is also free. A miracle considering it has stood since 1982. I have managed to test all the electrics and everything works apart form one spot lamp, and that is just due to a blown bulb.
I do need to tidy up under the dash, as its messy where the tape player was wired in. The two odd switches that have been fitted (rear demister and front spot lamps) are also a little untidy. But next weekend I shall be fitting (well not actually me) an alarm to the car so we can do all of that at the same time.
I got the car running but not very good. Its the second time I have used the spare Weber ICT 32 carb but each time I have used this carb I have had issues with it, I think its faulty, but for now it has allowed me to check the timing, make sure the vacuum advance was working, do the oil change and generally look for leaks etc.
I need to change all the water hoses and jubilee clips, I need to sort out another fuel line from the fuel pump to the carb and a fuel filter. Otherwise I am happy to report all things are on the mend.
I am sure once I have done a radiator flush and sorted the above items out the V5C will of appeared and I can try for an MOT, then its just sort the niggles out.