Right as promised here are the pictures of the car with about half of it preped for undercoat, it was up on the ramp and shock horror I found a hole… Its a bracket hole that’s not being used and has just started to grow, that’s first on the hit list when it come back home. Frankly for a car that is 45 years old its not doing to bad!
Anyway here are the rest of the pictures of the car preparation work as of this morning.
Passenger door, just had one stone chip now all flattened down ready for primer
A solid metal rear arch (nearly all) and not the filler city I was expecting.
The rear of the arch and the underneath of the fuel tank not the best still some finishing off to do, it was like this before I got Marvin and maybe one day I will look at this when I can weld.
Webasto roof out and all sanded down ready for paint, isn’t the hole big!
Grotty badges now gone and holes filled and primed
Now this has been a long time coming and I hope that the momentum continues. In other news I am re-stripping down most of the items I have painted in the last few weeks due to a paint reaction (amateurs for you) and will try again. I have no idea what happened but after weeks of preparing metal and undercoating the lot, I tried a different make of paint and it all bubbled up like an Aero bar.
If I get another reaction I think I have one of two choices, get someone who knows what they are doing to do them, or get them zinc plated.