New day and a new ring
I got a new ring from Thornton’s in Shrewsbury it was here when I got home from work. So without any stopping its fitted to the piston, the pistons are in the block and everything is ready to torque down.
This engine had previously been built up, using all new bearings new piston rings and the old pistons, Ive had to take it back and put new pistons due to a suspected bad rings and or some wear on the bores. Its now at 0.040″ over sized with new pistons.
Ive still got to repaint the block, as the washing process after the re bore is very hot and it does wash some paint off. This time I am going to use the POR15 engine paint I have, as I have finally managed to work out how to use it (yes that’s right worked out how to use paint!) I have already painted the head and its ready to fit.