I went to collect a crank (for a 1159cc) today and as the workshop is close to the paint shop I thought I had better take the time to check on that car. I think I own called Marvin. Good news the car is still there and hasn’t rusted away! In fact the car is one panel short of being ready for primer now. Just the panel below the rear window to the boot.
Hopefully this is all going to come good after the primer is on the car, once that’s been flatted down it time for a top coat. Give it a few weeks to dry and get the sunroof back in get the car home.
In the mean time as you may of seen I have been playing with engines again. I have has two problems with the 1256cc, one the Middle main bearing cap had a rounded off bolt, and two one of the bores is knackered, Only cure another block, but not all is lost as the moving parts are all good.
To that end I cut off the middle main cap and out came the crank… Its got some scoring on the middle bearing face and it will require a grind.. Its already at 0.030″ I think It might need it taking to 0.050″ but I will see if I can get away with 0.040″ first.
All In all a busy time this week and even busier weekend planned….