Marvin Has Glass
Tonight after work, I spent a couple of hours up at the paint shop, putting the glass back into Marvin, my HA. The glass however has to go in after the headlining, so as I haven’t yet made a new headlining (bought the material ages ago) I used the old headlining. It was a bit dirty and has shrunk in one place, but it looks a lot better than bare metal, which is what it would of been had I not used the old one.
We also glued in the boot rubber (nice new one off eBay) lets just hope its dry the next time the boot is opened.
The rush is that I need to make the car basically water tight, so that whilst I replace the interior, and wiring and engine etc, I can keep the car back at mine. Once I have done the majority of the assembly work, it will then be returned to the paint-shop for its final finishing (picking up and dealing with scratches no doubt!). The its just down to me.
Tomorrow I need to fish out all the nuts and bolts for the side windows, I had forgotten those tonight. Otherwise the car is coming home on Monday, so its all hands on deck sorting the parts out, finishing RAY off and making as much space back here at Vivaville as possible.