GT Brakes and Clutch
Today we finished off the brakes, but I had to strip the pipework down again as a small leak was found on the clutch master cylinder and the pipework from the brakes gets in the way, so a bit of fiddling around for an hour and it was all back where it should be.
We then set about checking all the brake pipe unions on the cars as several were loose and only finger tight. Once that was all done it was a case of fill the fluid bottles for the master cylinders and start that laborious task of pushing the brake pedal whilst the bleed nipple is opened and closed to expel the air. Within an hour that task was done and the pedal has a nice feel to it. Again heavy as there is no servo on the car.
After that it was a decision to look at the front springs, and change them from the GT ones to standard OHV HB springs (which I just happen to have). I got out the factory spring compressor and we set off stripping down the front passenger side. By the end of today we have the old spring out and the new spring in place, the stub axle all bolted back up correctly, and just need to replace the calliper, but two washers defected me, so it was down tools before it was throw tools. A long day in fact long weekend for me.
Later in the week we will finish off the springs, refit the roll bar and wheels and we will refit the steering.