Spent all of this morning dropping things off for people and collecting the odd bit of tatt to get Marvin up and going. Was interesting to meet Mr Hill in Wolves, he has a fine collection of cars, I would of taken pictures but as a) I didn’t have my Camera and b) it might of been a little rude to just click happy away on a private collection of cars. That all aside I now know who to call when I need a widget!
This afternoon I started to refit the throttle rods as with some thinking I can get the rods to control the carbs, with the backup of the organ pedal if needed. I need to make a custom rod (I say me I think I need to get a favour done by someone) in order to make things work correctly.
I stopped the rod links when I came to a obvious halt and shot back indoor as the rain came down. Luckily at 6 pm the sun came out and apart from a cold wind I was able to re-assemble the Bonnet locks and washer jet, and give it a first coat of polish. So far that the front bonnet and rear boot lids polished, the rest of the car is still to wax.
Note the exhaust is also now fitted and hopefully shall serve the job it needs to do, I will do the fancy tailpipe at some point, but lets be realistic “get it running” before I do too much more bling bling. I have also finished off the water hoses for the engine, just an engine fan to fit (been thinking about a Kenlowe unit) and that should be the cooling system done. Fuel cannot be finished till the carbs are in place, so that’s the key task now.