Right its time I brought this story up to date. It has been a lot of work for such a small bike, and its not finished yet, but it is at a state where it can be ridden all be it slowly.
Since my last update where I showed an engine work for a few seconds I have completely striped and rebuild the bodywork.
Once this was all painted I turned my attention to the engine carrier and lid
Once that was painted everything was bolted together to see how things were looking
Much time was spent sorting out brakes and cables. Much of that still needs to be finished off, but after a few days of abortive test starts and poor performance, it now runs. Its in need of use frankly more than anything.
Here is a quick couple of videos of the engine running and a final video of me riding said box of fun
And the final video of me riding it around the car park and access road… The video is rubbish, the rider is rubbish but the bike isn’t!