Well the rain stopped this morning , so out I was playing with Marvin. Managed to get the head back on and everything refitted in a few hours. The only issue I have is to remove and refit number three spark plug I have to be very careful as the exhaust mount flange is a wee bit too big, it will need the whole thing taking off and a small grind to the flange. Anyway that minor annoyance was overcome and the car was restarted.
It was tappety again (but then I have just rebuilt the head and replaced it so it obviously needed to be adjusted). For now I have managed to reset everything to 0.010″ and its a wee bit noisy, I have further adjusted a couple till they quieten down, which is good. But I do need to keep playing until I get things just so.
here is a video of the car just after it was restarted for the first time, so it was cold and the tappets had yet to be adjusted.