Monthly Archive: March 2019

Viva GT oil catch tank & hydraulic lines

More jobs done, the big job was to drop the car off the stands and turn it around. A two man job and Scott was volunteered to push and guide the GT, several turns in the carpark outside the garage and a helpful push it back in nose first. I...

Viva GT throttle cable

A couple of hours fiddling around this afternoon with a spanner in the engine bay and me inside the car with another spanner saw the throttle cable bracket finally fitted. It was no easy task trying to find ways to hold the spanner in the engine bay in place. Many...

Viva GT: Oil time

At last one of the jobs is done that signals the end of some work, adding the actual oil to the axle. This morning I went out to the local motor factors and picked up some axle oil and gearbox oil then shot over to screw-fix to collect an oil...

Viva GT: End of play Saturday

So a few more jobs done, it’s been a very good day for me. First as I had said in my previous post today, is the remote brake & clutch reservoirs, which are now attached to the plate that had been painted. The spun alloy reservoirs are from Australia, and...

Viva GT: Weekend updates

Well I got the gearstick cover plate back off and painted it, its now refitted to the car all shiny and ready to be hidden away under carpets and a centre consul. I picked up a universal gearstick gaiter, and its almost perfect for the stick, and fits on the...

Viva GT: gearbox cover plate

Just a quick job, took most of the day mind, but thats how most jobs go. I had many years ago removed the gearstick cover form the tunnel in order to allow space for the gearbox leaver. I now needed to cover this back up correctly, with a new shaped...

BSA Air 3: Frankenair updates

So yesterday I spoke about the engine rebuild, well today was another on the spot lets get more done on Frankenair. The plan was to make the fuel tank. That quickly turned into a change of plans which resulted in many other jobs getting started and lots near finished. The...

BSA Air 3: Frankenair

At last I see some real progress in the development of Frankenair, I know it’s been hanging around for a while, but I for one would rather see it right than rushed, so its great to see yet more progress and good ideas coming together. In the last two weeks...

BSA Air 3: Frankenair

It’s been way too long since work on this project stopped (Oct 2017), but today like its name sake, it was resurrected, with the general idea of get it finished and out of the workshop. By the end of play yesterday we had (I say we, Nick does all the...